2016 Prize Winners:
- Hao Tian (International Relations, undergraduate) "Sino-Russian Relations: Conflict and Cooperation"
- Andrew Zeveney (Psychology, graduate) "Illusion of Understanding in a Misunderstood Field: The Illusion of Explanatory Depth in Mental Disorders"
2015 Prize Winners: None
2014 Prize Winners:
- Silas Chamberlin (History, graduate) "'Many Bulldozers are Drooling': The Spatial Politics of Rail Trails"
- Abigail Gendler (Environmental Studies, undergraduate) "The Consequences of an Industrial Food System: A Cross-National Examination of the Role of Mechanization in the Rising Obesity Epidemic"
- Carolina Mattsson (International Relations, undergraduate) "Abrupt Changes in Nuclear Power Development: Systemic Analysis of Impactful Policy Decisions"
2013 Prize Winners:
- Will Dearden (Economics) "The Effect of Electronic Medical Records on Patient Satisfaction"
- Brian Hanley (History) "Slavery, Consumption, and Social Class: A Biography of Chief Justice Benjamin Chew (1722-1810)"
2012 Prize Winners:
- Hatem Hassan (Sociology and Anthropology) "Islam, SMOs, and the Arab Spring: A New Perspective on Social Movements in the Middle East"
2011 Prize Winners:
- Derek DeBellis (Psychology) "Affective Priming is Sensitive to Ingroup and Outgroup Comparison within Varying Models of Intergroup Dynamic" -1st place
- Erin D. Thorn (Sociology and Anthropology) "Division of Labor in Lesbian Households" -2nd place
2010 Prize Winners:
- Stephen Buryk (International Relations/Modern Languages and Literature) "Russia's Natural Gas: The Strategy and the State Behind It"
- Kirsten Muser (Psychology) "Representational Gestures Reflect Conceptualization in Problem Solving"
- Erica Dollhopf (American Studies, graduate) "A Mighty Ballot: Patterns of Voting Discussion in Christian Publications During Presidential Elections, 1960-2008"
2009 Prize Winners:
- Matthew Horne (Economics) "Monetary Policy and Asset Prices: Does the Federal Reserve Practice Asset Price Targeting?"
- Laura Kelly (Sociology and Anthropology) "Hierarchies of the Senses: Investigating Color, Texture and Scent in American English"
- Starla Weaver (Psychology, graduate) "What's on Your Mind: The Influence of the Contents of Working Memory on Choice"
2008 Prize Winners:
- Kelsey Hunter (International Relations) "Poverty as an Underlying Cause of Civil War"
- Lindsey Brooks (Education, graduate) "Ethnic-minority Bisexual Women: Understanding the Invisible Population"
2007 Prize Winners:
- Victoria Federico (International Relations) "The Curse of Natural Resources and Human Development"
- Michael Andreychik (Psychology, graduate) "Social Explanatory Style as a Foundation of Social Orientation"
2006 Prize Winners:
- Amy Rikoon (Psychology) "Oral vs. Written Narrative Memories and Well-Being in Late Adolescence"
- Maria-Cristina Cruza-Guet (Education, graduate) "The Relationship between Social Support and Psychological Distress among Hispanic Elders"
2005 Prize Winners:
- Joanna Steinman (Sociology and Anthropology, graduate)
Comparative Historical Analysis of the Old Order Amish of Lancaster
- Sheila Clabby (Psychology, undergraduate) "Lay Theories and Intergroup Attitudes: The Role of Theories Concerning Internality-Externality and Stability-Instability"
- additional finalists
2004 Prize Winners:
- Emily Wurth (Sociology and Anthropology, graduate)
Health of the Forgotten' of Washington, DC: An Analysis of Gentrification,
Concentrated Poverty and Health"
- Celina Hayes (Psychology, undergraduate) " Dependency and Length as Processing Constraints on Word Order in Particle Constructions"
- additional finalists
2002 Prize Winners:
- Claire Choutka and Patricia Doloughty (College of
Education, graduate) "ABA
for Children with Autism: The Outcome-Related Factors in the Legal Cases"
- Nicholas Kehrwald (Psychology, undergraduate) "Moving
Beyond Traits: The Effect of Attributions for Stereotypic Traits on
- Lauren Ercole, Annette Gavigan, Amy Gilbreth, and Katharine Gardner (Sociology and Anthropology, undergraduate) "Perceptions of Feminism: Measuring Feminist Attitudes"
1999 Prize Winners:
- Dorene McNamara (Social Relations, graduate) "Individual
Differences in Adult Attachment Styles and their Connection with Representations
of Actual and Ideal Love"
- Elizabeth Richner (Psychology, graduate) "From
Actors to Characters to Persons: The Development of Character Representation
in Young Children's Narratives"
- Shari Abrams (Psychology, undergraduate) "Gender Differences in Perceptions of Modest and Immodest Presentation of Academic Achievement"
1998 Prize Winners:
- Jamie Lynch (Psychology, undergraduate) "The
Effects of Gender and Sex Role on Helping Behavior"
- Jill Kinney (History, undergraduate) "The
Changing Role of Women in the Seneca Nation of Indians"
1997 Prize Winner:
- Yan Ping (Emily) Xin (College of Education, graduate) Mathematical Word Problem Solving Instruction for Students with Mild Disabilities and Those at Risk for Math Failure.
1996 Prize Winners:
- Bonnie A. Green (Psychology, graduate) "Cognitive
Changes following a Carotid Endarterectomy: A Proposal"
- Allyson Kambach(History, graduate) "'In
Women's Realm': Negotiating Issues of Gender and Class in the Amalgamated
- Laura Greenwald (Psychology, undergraduate)"Psychosocial and Cultural Differences in Latino Americans on Hemodialysis"
- Dara Seybold (Sociology and Anthropolgy, undergraduate)"Choosing Therapies: A Senegalese Woman's Experiences with Infertility"